alotta ricotta
I am trying to master cheesecake. I thought I should learn a 'signature dish' and, given that we always have lots of eggs and limes in the house thanks to my parents, I thought lime cheesecake would fit the bill. Plus, I love limes to death.
I'm adapting a recipe from a Margaret Fulton cookbook from the 1970s called "Cooking with Eggs". Her unbaked cheesecake recipe is made with oranges and orange Curacao liqueur. First time I made it I forgot that oranges are sweeter than limes and I didn't add any sugar to the cheeses mix, so the resulting cake was very sour though I must say, still quite delicious thanks to the crushed Granita base (tres vintage!).
I've since tried it two more times with greater success, though working with gelatine is proving a novelty and a challenge. I managed to take a photo of the process the other day, but keep forgetting to take a photo of the finished product before it gets scoffed.
I'm adapting a recipe from a Margaret Fulton cookbook from the 1970s called "Cooking with Eggs". Her unbaked cheesecake recipe is made with oranges and orange Curacao liqueur. First time I made it I forgot that oranges are sweeter than limes and I didn't add any sugar to the cheeses mix, so the resulting cake was very sour though I must say, still quite delicious thanks to the crushed Granita base (tres vintage!).
I've since tried it two more times with greater success, though working with gelatine is proving a novelty and a challenge. I managed to take a photo of the process the other day, but keep forgetting to take a photo of the finished product before it gets scoffed.
Is there anything more delicious than lime cheesecake? Hmm, wonder what a vodka and lime cheesecake would be like?
(And yes, I am filling my love-shaped hole with food and alcohol...)
Labels: food


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home